Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Cargo area 56 57 58 wagon 2 door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Cargo area 56 57 58 wagon 2 door

Hello ALL--- when you lift the cover ( made of wood) to expose the spare tire, just behind the hinges, there is a 12" portion of the cargo lid, that marries right up behind the back seat..
    this 12" portion doesnt lift up or open... is the portion fixed, or can it be lifted/removed?
    is it an open area down underneath, or is that 12" surface directed attached to body metal ?

thank U

I does not open, it is only there to level the Driveshaft Tunnel for the Cargo.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Correct, it does not move. It's a welded piece on all of the 2dr. (maybe 4dr.) wagons.

Mike

Comment

thanks fellas

Comment

If you are looking for a small space to store a few Tools, Spare Parts, etc. put them under the bottom Cushion of the Rear Seat.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

thanks Stude Rich---- never thought of that---- I really was thinking of removing the lid over the tire
            to clean up the wood some..... the hidge is not accessible from the top ...makes removal of wood challenging

Comment

"put them under the bottom Cushion of the Rear Seat."

Yup, used to travel with my wagon, and always used that space to carry a spare axle shaft with greased bearing pressed on, water pump, & other necessaries.
              If you are serious, consider finding some shallow lift-out trays to fit the space.

Comment

Working...
              X