Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

bearing retainer for t10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it is just the nose, can't you make it flat, and shim it out with the thicker gasket, or does it gouge the outside part too?
    Those 'extra' gaskets in the gasket kit are for 'shimming' it, in case someone reading along did not know. I would guess there are limits though.

Comment

Originally posted by (S) View Post
      If it is just the nose, can't you make it flat, and shim it out with the thicker gasket, or does it gouge the outside part too?
      Those 'extra' gaskets in the gasket kit are for 'shimming' it, in case someone reading along did not know. I would guess there are limits though.
      Maybe, "sleeve" or "tube" the ID of the throwout bearing rides on would make it clearer. I've seen them so chewed up, the throwout bearing would catch until a really hard push forced it passed the worn spot.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Thanks Jack. I see.

Comment

Originally posted by tomhoo View Post
          Is it a 61 Lark with floor pedals? They are the very best for precision clutch action - you can feel the throwout bearing tapping on the cover fingers./Cut/
          FYI: ALL Left H/D 1961 Larks have suspended Pedals (Better Brake, Poor Clutch).
          1960 was the last of the "Good ones", through the floor on Larks.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I have hanging pedals in my 61 and I don’t have a clutch pedal set up for the conversion. I will probably do all aftermarket. This is all research for when I’m done with my current project

As far as hydraulic or mechanical, I feel that the pros and cons are equal. Comes down to what you prefer.

I’ve had trouble finding a Studebaker (1.5”) bearing retainer. I can pick up a Chevy (1 3/8) for $20. Probably just go that route
            Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Comment

Working...
            X