No announcement yet.

Oil overfill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the best way to remove the doors, from underneath or above leaning over fender.

Comment

Originally posted by ldj1002 View Post
      How is the best way to remove the doors, from underneath or above leaning over fender.
      I would do it from above. I don't like having dust, dirt, and oil dripping into my eyes.

Comment

Many Thanks

Comment

Have two new cork gaskets handy.

Comment

Here's a pic of the instructions and one of an actual restrictor. They are just under 4" long with a about a 3/8" button on the end.

Click image for larger version

Name:	oil.restric.inst.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	1724083 Click image for larger version

Name:	oil.restric.1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1724084
            Another thing about wearing a mask......I don't have to shave before I leave the house!

Comment

That's exactly the one I was talking about. Dwain, you rock!

Does the round disk have a hole in it or not?
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
              10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
              56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
              60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

The restrictor button has a tiny hole that is mostly filled by the spring wire. Very little oil could go through there. The button is not a positive seal, so some pressurized oil is allowed to leak past it.
                Another thing about wearing a mask......I don't have to shave before I leave the house!

Comment

Only on the Studebaker Forum could this detailed information be possible to attain. You guys never cease to amaze me.
                  Keep up the great work, everyone.
                  Bill

Comment

Dwain G: Do you have one to get the measurements of. I'd sure like to have one. How would that button attack to the wire so it would stay put. Is that the only way oil gets to the valve chamber? Sure wouldn't want to starve for oil in the valve chamber.

Comment

Now I’m curious, where do you put that thing??

Comment

Last oil galley drilling near back of block,slants upward. last one I installed had disc, cone shaped with tail. "L" shaped tail was pushed with drift till cone snapped into lifter galley dont remember hole. Luck Doofus

Comment

Working...
                        X