Tech: Cracked Vinyl Dash Repair - Kit Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Tech: Cracked Vinyl Dash Repair - Kit Video

This looked like an interesting possible solution for the Lark/Avanti crowd.......

http://youtube_share;_x8qtvG-Y8U]htt...be/_x8qtvG-Y8U

Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 10-17-2018, 10:48 AM.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

This is the first dash repair that makes sense. It uses flexible materials and allows for a complete repair not a crappy looking patch job. It looks like the cost would be anywhere from $100 - $200 but for a complete repair of a rare dash, that's reasonable. Thx for taking the time to post.

Bob

Comment

Jeff: Thanks for posting the video. As you noted, it is a rare Lark that doesn't have one or more cracks in it. Especially in my part of the country where the heat and sun just kill a padded dash.
      Great information to have.
      Nick

Comment

What video? I don't see one.
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I use latex color, it's always a bit thicker just by the opening, so I fill the cracs & when's dry I fill some more & when all is filled up I just paint over it all.
          (I looked for picture of my -62 Chrysler dash but it seems I forgot to take a photo when after it was all done.)

Comment

See the link now, but looks like the ewetoob server has gone away. I know they were down a long time earlier.
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Thanks Jeff, just the ticket for grandsons 63. it has just started to crack to the right of the kick up for the instrument board. Luck Doofus

Comment

Working...
              X