No announcement yet.

Generator / alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the engine is 63, it will be full flow. Does it have spin on oil filter lower rear passenger side?
    78 Avanti RQB 2792
    64 Avanti R1 R5408
    63 Avanti R1 R4551
    63 Avanti R1 R2281
    62 GT Hawk V15949
    56 GH 6032504
    56 GH 6032588
    55 Speedster 7160047
    55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

It sounds like you found one that will work for you. Just thought I would throw this option out there also. It is pretty pricey, but looks more original, with alternator performance.
      https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Powermaster-PowerGEN-1955-64-GM-1-Wire-Alternators-12-Volt,5867.html

Comment

The link didn't work, on the first post. Here it is again.https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Power...Volt,5867.html

Comment

Looks like I may have found a generator, the Speedway Motors one looks interesting, but with freight will blow the budget.
          On a slightly different note, I'm pretty sure my block is a '63 going by the numbers above, but the engine has the old tower type
          filler connected & I can't see evidence of an oil filter bracket on the right side of the block?

regards , CusClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0582.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	1724132
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cus63 View Post
            Looks like I may have found a generator, the Speedway Motors one looks interesting, but with freight will blow the budget.
            On a slightly different note, I'm pretty sure my block is a '63 going by the numbers above, but the engine has the old tower type
            filler connected & I can't see evidence of an oil filter bracket on the right side of the block?

regards , Cus[ATTACH=CONFIG]76568[/ATTACH]
            Your engine wont have a "bracket" for the oil filter but rather a steel plate retained by 2 bolts. One of my 62 Champs has the oil filter mounted on the top filler tube yet is a full flow block with the filter block off plate on the rt/rear of the engine. Your picture of the engine number isn't very clear. Can you post it? Based on the casting number it doesn't appear to be a full flow block, hence it wouldn't be from a 63 but the stamped number would be better info.
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
            X