Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brngarage
    replied
    Thanks everyone. Since it is a convertible (which began life as a 6 cylinder) I was suspicious, now I know the 27 is correct.
    Yes, Bob, I'll see you in Palm Springs. Everyone else in the area is also invited!!

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    AFAIK, in these years, with the station wagon perhaps the exception, the 259 got the 27 and 289 got the 44.

Leave a comment:

• 6hk71400
    replied
    My 1962 Lark 4 door with V8 Overdrive has a 27. I asked about updating to a 44 and the replies I got here on the forum is the length of the housing is different and you would need to use a different drive shaft. Hope this helps.

Howard, are you going to the zone meet in Palm Springs? I will be there and hope to see you again

Bob Miles

Leave a comment:

• Mike Van Veghten
    replied
    As noted, both my 59 and 60 V-8 wagons had the 44 series axle assembly. The 59, with a posi unit in it.
    Don't know about the rest of the lineup.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• markwhawk
    replied
    I have the same car with the same gear ratio the 259 only got the 27.

Leave a comment:

• Studebakercenteroforegon
    replied
    For 1960 Lark models, a type 44 rear end was standard only in V-8 station wagons.

Leave a comment:

• jackb
    replied
    simple answer = yes

Leave a comment:

• brngarage
    started a topic Rear Axle: Does a '60 Lark V8 come with a Dana 44

Does a '60 Lark V8 come with a Dana 44

I'm working on a friend's '60 Lark V8 convertible. I decided to see what the rear end ratio was and I was surprised to find a Dana 27 rear axle (the ratio is 3.54). Was a Dana 27 standard with an option to upgrade to a Dana 44? Thanks.
Working...
X