No announcement yet.

Disc brake conversion problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you that suggested I had it plumbed backwards.. Thank you for the heads up. As I said before, I never would've guessed that this was the problem. I just went back to take a closer look at the MC I bought on Speedway's website and saw this in the Q&A section.

Straight from the company that sells it:

Comment

This morning I put the car back on the lift, switched the lines, re-bled the system, and all is well. Thank you to those who brought that to my attention!

Comment

How about that Matt!!!!! Learning something new every day no matter how big or small. It's all good. Enjoy driving it! Bill

Comment

FYI The AMC master cylinder I used on my conversion non disc brakes is stamped for rear brake location. When I bought the master cylinder also a listing for the same AMC car with disc brakes front drum rear. I may add discs in the future then switch to AMC master for car with discs. Reason for selecting AMC was to get line outlets on outside of frame rails there is also a Chrysler master with outlets on proper side . If mounted in original location on fire wall outlets would be towards center of car
          Attached Files

Comment

You do have to wonder why Speedway's Master Cylinder is BACKWARDS from every single OEM Factory installed New Car Master Cylinder ever made, both Drum/Drum and Disc/Drum!

This means your REAR Brakes apply FIRST not the Front, like all of the "Other" Millions of Cars on the Road do.

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
            For those of you that suggested I had it plumbed backwards.. Thank you for the heads up. As I said before, I never would've guessed that this was the problem. I just went back to take a closer look at the MC I bought on Speedway's website and saw this in the Q&A section.

Straight from the company that sells it:

StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
            X