Click image for larger version

Name:	FBB8A4D8-A761-4A07-BB3F-8125345569E3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1759591The debate rages on
    Traditionally mags have gone with black walls or raised white letters
    since I have white walls I thought i’d Try it out
    Opinions?

On that vehicle the white walls give it a touch of class....a gentleman's hot rod, if you will.JMHO

Comment

Generally, I don't care for white wall tires and mags, but in this case it seems to work.
      Attached Files
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

My vote is yes also. I think that the 1" whitewall looks good with the wheel.

Comment

Ditto, also, and I agree with those who agree with the others who also concur with the agreed consensus of the afore mentioned as to the use of the whitewalls on the mags.
          sals54

Comment

I like it. Does the wheel make a difference? Anybody know where to get a 17" white wall?

Name:	2 GT with Mustang wheels thin WW2up.jpg
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	1724036
            sigpic

Comment

Congrats you chose wisely. what sals54 said. besides looking darn good they are reasonably easy to come by. Sharp, Doofus

Comment

Originally posted by bensherb View Post
                I like it. Does the wheel make a difference? Anybody know where to get a 17" white wall?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76298[/ATTACH]
                Perfect for a Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, Mazda, Subaru or Toyota!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by bensherb View Post
                  I believe Diamond Back will make anything you want (for a price).

https://dbtires.com/product-category/tires/
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                    Generally, I don't care for white wall tires and mags, but in this case it seems to work.
                    Maybe they aren't true mags, but I liked whitewalls on Magnum 500s on my Daytona convertible.
                    Attached Files
                    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

That’s the image I was going for 😀

Comment

Whitewalls vs. blackwalls?

It depends. I've had a couple of 60-70's era Benzes, couldn't stand white walls on them, would always replace with black showing. The as for the Hawk and the red Lark convertible, without white walls the car looks "unfinished", something is missing. As for my Avanti I am still torn. With the stock wheels I mounted the white walls showing, it matches the period photos of Loewy and Egbert with a similar car. If I go with cast wheels or Magnums, black wall probably but old school redlines have my eye since the car is white with a red interior.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                          Perfect for a Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, Mazda, Subaru or Toyota!
                          If you refer specifically to the wheel design: Or a 2015 thru 2018 Ford Mustang, because that is what they are from.
                          sigpic

Comment

I agree with StudeRich; & we have one here too:

Name:	fahlstedt.jpg
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1724058
                            & yeah, I'm grumpy enough to think it looks really silly, would prefer some rubber + some deeper rims.
                            sigpic

Josephine
                            Champion V8
                            4d sedan

Comment

I am not a fan of mags and white walls, but it really comes down to what you like. If it speaks to you, nobody else should matter.
                              "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." -B Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X