Oil color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
    Why pay for a bottle of ZDDP when VR-1 already has it as part of its additive package???
    Because my NAPA oil is $2.49 a quart and the bottle of ZDDP is $5.00. My Gold filter is $4.99. Your VR1 retails for $7.99 a quart plus your filter. Go figure.

Comment

I have my shop order the oil for me and pay his mechanics price.....6 qts plus Hastings LF-212 filter costs me $35.00 with no cost for labor...I toss the lube kid a double saw-buck for the effort and keeping my hands clean...it pays to have close friends in the business:-)
      Originally posted by T.J. lavallee View Post
      Because my NAPA oil is $2.49 a quart and the bottle of ZDDP is $5.00. My Gold filter is $4.99. Your VR1 retails for $7.99 a quart plus your filter. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by StarDiero75 View Post
        I heard Rotella has plenty of ZDDP

Thanks for the heads up. Apparently my sources don't know what they're talking about
        Probably they are just behind the times!
        They WERE correct back in about 2012, but ever since the Mandate to remove the damaging to Catalytic Converters additives WE need in BOTH Gas and Diesel Oils, the ZDDP Levels have been greatly REDUCED and no longer applicable to Flat Tappet Engines.

And then there is the myth about Non-Detergent Oil being recommended for Studes. in 1963?
        And Valvoline VR-1 being Non-detergent. NOT!

I don't know where these originated, but they are also dead Wrong.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StarDiero75 View Post
          I heard Rotella has plenty of ZDDP

Thanks for the heads up. Apparently my sources dont know what they're talking about
          You should listen to your sources. Rotella 15W40 has 1250 ppm ZDDP. Call Shell if in doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. lavallee View Post
            I don't know where your NAPA store is located but I can't even find oil at Wal-Mart for $2.50 a quart. Filter at NAPA is $12.00 in this country. Of course I don't pay $7.99 for VR1 either so maybe it averages out. Go figure.

Comment

Working...
            X