Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

1953 K hardtop door weatherseals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: 1953 K hardtop door weatherseals

I was much, much younger when I dismantled my 53 champion HT. I bought the entire rubber kit and am now attempting to install the door seals. The pictures in the shop manuals are not good. I wonder if there are better pictures or more info. mostly the front door seals and rear seal. Which direction is the lip supposed to go? Does the front seal go under the windshield post moulding? How does the trunk seal go?
    Will appreciate any help.
    1967 Riviera, 1964 Avanti R/2-R5096, 1953 Champion-R/1,4spd, Two 1967 Studebaker Gravely tractorssigpic

The SI catalog shows the orientation of the weather seals on the pages where they are offered for each car.

Comment

In a nut shell water leaking inward is channeled around the door/trunk opening. the open "U" faces out to do this. not sure about moulding but seal should rest against the tiny inner lip of the weather seal channel. if you can manage it that front seal needs to go in before door goes on body. FYI that weather strip material has a lot of silicone blended in, clean it thoroughly with lacquer thinner and sand the mounting surface. follow adhesive instructions closely!! BTDT. Luck Doofus

Comment

Here you are. I hope this helps. This comes from S.I. catalog.
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks, That helps but still confused about front door upper seal area. The molded upper part appears to go under the post trim moulding?
          1967 Riviera, 1964 Avanti R/2-R5096, 1953 Champion-R/1,4spd, Two 1967 Studebaker Gravely tractorssigpic

Comment

I really do not want to remove doors. As you know they are a bear to align. I have the windows in and aligned. I think I can get the seal on without removing doors--.

Comment

Working...
            X