Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

57 Golden Hawk Fuel Pump Ceramic Filter (Broken)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rockne10
    replied
    Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
    I found a plastic bread bag in the ditch, so I lined the bowl with it,....
    You must have read "Zen and the Art of Studebaker Maintenance" by Robert Pirsig.

Leave a comment:

• TWChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    Related to this - Use a good. fresh gasket on the bowl and do not overtighten it, or the glass will break when the engine heats up.
    That must be what happened to me. In 1969 I was driving my 1950 Commander from El Paso to Cloudcroft, New Mexico to go camping for the weekend. About 10 miles from Alamogordo I smelled gas. I pulled over and found the glass sediment bowl had suddenly cracked. I found a plastic bread bag in the ditch, so I lined the bowl with it, and bought a new glass at the auto parts store in Alamogordo. I never could figure why the glass just suddenly cracked.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Related to this - Use a good. fresh gasket on the bowl and do not overtighten it, or the glass will break when the engine heats up.

Leave a comment:

• TWChamp
    replied
    If you are in farming country, a farm store or repair shop might also have one.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    https://mystudebaker.com/

Hours & contact
    Monday thru Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm Eastern time
    phone 352-472-9369/fax 352-472-6339
    email: parts@mystudebaker.com

Leave a comment:

• 57 Golden Hawk Fuel Pump Ceramic Filter (Broken)

57 Golden Hawk Fuel Pump Cermic Filter (Broken)

I was rebuilding the fuel pump and broke the ceramic filter inside the glass bowl on the pump. Where is the best place for a replacement? See attached pic.
    Attached Files
Working...
X