Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

57 Golden Hawk Fuel Pump Ceramic Filter (Broken)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: 57 Golden Hawk Fuel Pump Ceramic Filter (Broken)

57 Golden Hawk Fuel Pump Cermic Filter (Broken)

I was rebuilding the fuel pump and broke the ceramic filter inside the glass bowl on the pump. Where is the best place for a replacement? See attached pic.
    Attached Files

https://mystudebaker.com/

Hours & contact
    Monday thru Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm Eastern time
    phone 352-472-9369/fax 352-472-6339
    email: parts@mystudebaker.com
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

If you are in farming country, a farm store or repair shop might also have one.

Comment

Related to this - Use a good. fresh gasket on the bowl and do not overtighten it, or the glass will break when the engine heats up.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          Related to this - Use a good. fresh gasket on the bowl and do not overtighten it, or the glass will break when the engine heats up.
          That must be what happened to me. In 1969 I was driving my 1950 Commander from El Paso to Cloudcroft, New Mexico to go camping for the weekend. About 10 miles from Alamogordo I smelled gas. I pulled over and found the glass sediment bowl had suddenly cracked. I found a plastic bread bag in the ditch, so I lined the bowl with it, and bought a new glass at the auto parts store in Alamogordo. I never could figure why the glass just suddenly cracked.

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
            I found a plastic bread bag in the ditch, so I lined the bowl with it,....
            You must have read "Zen and the Art of Studebaker Maintenance" by Robert Pirsig.
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10,
            '51 Commander Starlight,
            '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
            '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Working...
            X