Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Strainer replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission: Strainer replacement

Replacing the Transmission strainer on my '57 Silver Hawk, 289 with Flightomatic trans. Catalog shows two "tubes", item 1541257 and 1541255. When I removed the pan and screen, I see only one tube, the longer 255 with a small opening. The other fluid opening is just a large hole going straight up onto trans. Studebaker INT did not have the part 1541257. Am I missing something?...Thanks.

The Strainer is clipped directly onto the large hole on one end of the pressure regulator valve. The tubes go elsewhere. check the photos in this blog http://studebakerflightomatic.blogspot.com/
    Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve, there are two openings in strainer, the longer tube does go to the strainer, but the other hole must just go to the large hole on tranny. picture link was great!

Comment

Sorry- I think I might have confused the issue- I have uploaded a pic here from my records that I didn't include in my blog but may help explain things better. Ive added some text for clarity. I hope the Blog was of use- I am unable to edit it, unfortunately. Does this image help?
        Steve
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02183 With Text Added.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	1723538

Comment

Steve, beautiful, perfect...thank you!!!

Comment

Working...
          X