1961 Studebaker Lark Convertible top Seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 1961 Studebaker Lark Convertible top Seal

OK I hope that this goes well...I am new to the SDC, just obtained the car in June and have begun working to fix a few imperfections. This is my first post here in the SDC Tech as this is the first real issue I have found in obtaining parts so far.

I am looking for a Windshield convertible top seal for a '61 Lark Convertible The top is new and rather nice but and there appears to be two seals as it connects to the windshield. There is a skinny one that is the outermost edge and it is fine but there is also a wider rubber seal that is a few inches behind it. I need the wider rubber seal that is totally deteriorated. The usual people such as Studebaker International, Studebaker parts, etc. ... and what I can find on the internet elsewhere do not have the seal. Does someone know of a seal from another vehicle that would work? Or another place to find one of these?

ThanksClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0367.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1759327

Bob Traynor

There is a place in the Twin Cities called "Metro Rubber" that specializes in lots of rubber parts for older cars. Hopefully they make what you need.

Comment

If you just checked Studebaker International on line there is no guarantee that all of their available parts are shown. Their current catalog, page 119, does list 3112X2 Above windshield header seal, and 1339015 Above windshield molded header seal 1961-64.
      So, best to call them with actual Studebaker part numbers.

Comment

Thanks TW Champ

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
        There is a place in the Twin Cities called "Metro Rubber" that specializes in lots of rubber parts for older cars. Hopefully they make what you need.
        This may be an answer...I will work on this idea. Thanks for your help!

Bob Traynor
        Ft Collins CO

Comment

Thanks Studebakercenterof oregon

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
          If you just checked Studebaker International on line there is no guarantee that all of their available parts are shown. Their current catalog, page 119, does list 3112X2 Above windshield header seal, and 1339015 Above windshield molded header seal 1961-64.
          So, best to call them with actual Studebaker part numbers.
          I actually called them and they were out of the part numbers that I needed.

Thanks for your help

Bob Traynor
          Ft. Collins, CO

Comment

How about contacting studebakerparts.com ?
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
            10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
            56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
            60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Working...
            X