X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Forrester
    replied
    Originally posted by Wrydog View Post
    So, maybe not studebaker wheels? The wheels are on a I believe home made tractor. It has a 10 bolt rear axle. Looks kinda like a gm 10 bolt. But only the rear cover looks gm. It has the 4 bolt wheels as well. Any thoughts on what might have the 4 bolts on a 10 bolt?
    Chevy Vega.

Leave a comment:

• Wrydog
    replied
    So, maybe not studebaker wheels? The wheels are on a I believe home made tractor. It has a 10 bolt rear axle. Looks kinda like a gm 10 bolt. But only the rear cover looks gm. It has the 4 bolt wheels as well. Any thoughts on what might have the 4 bolts on a 10 bolt?

Leave a comment:

• Wrydog
    replied
    Those 16 inch 4 bolt 4 inch circle rims must have all been scrapped for the war! I can’t find them. I was trying to get the right side wheel off for a couple days. Would not budge. Then I read on here some stude’s had Reverse threads, went out and checked, sure enough came right off.

Leave a comment:

• NCDave51
    replied
    My ‘41 Nash 600 Slipstream had the 16” 4 bolt rims, perhaps a 4” wide bead width?

I get the sense that plenty of pre-war companies used a 16” x 4 bolt rim.

Leave a comment:

• Wrydog
    replied
    Thanks studerich.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Hello Kevin, Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum!

The 1947 to 1950 Studebaker Champions used a 4 Bolt wheel, but it was a 15 Inch.

I believe Pre-War and 1946 Champions used 16 Inch 4 Lug Wheels, but I do not know the Bolt spacing.
    All of course, would be very narrow 4 to 5 Inch.

Leave a comment:

• Wrydog
    started a topic Wheels / Tires: 16 inch 4 bolt wheels

16 inch 4 bolt wheels

Hi. Anybody ever hear of 16 inch 4 x 4 bolt steel wheels or know of a source for them?
    Thanks
Working...
X