Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

16 inch 4 bolt wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels: 16 inch 4 bolt wheels

Hi. Anybody ever hear of 16 inch 4 x 4 bolt steel wheels or know of a source for them?
    Thanks

Hello Kevin, Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum!

The 1947 to 1950 Studebaker Champions used a 4 Bolt wheel, but it was a 15 Inch.

I believe Pre-War and 1946 Champions used 16 Inch 4 Lug Wheels, but I do not know the Bolt spacing.
    All of course, would be very narrow 4 to 5 Inch.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks studerich.

Comment

My ‘41 Nash 600 Slipstream had the 16” 4 bolt rims, perhaps a 4” wide bead width?

I get the sense that plenty of pre-war companies used a 16” x 4 bolt rim.

Comment

Those 16 inch 4 bolt 4 inch circle rims must have all been scrapped for the war! I can’t find them. I was trying to get the right side wheel off for a couple days. Would not budge. Then I read on here some stude’s had Reverse threads, went out and checked, sure enough came right off.

Comment

So, maybe not studebaker wheels? The wheels are on a I believe home made tractor. It has a 10 bolt rear axle. Looks kinda like a gm 10 bolt. But only the rear cover looks gm. It has the 4 bolt wheels as well. Any thoughts on what might have the 4 bolts on a 10 bolt?

Comment

Originally posted by Wrydog View Post
              So, maybe not studebaker wheels? The wheels are on a I believe home made tractor. It has a 10 bolt rear axle. Looks kinda like a gm 10 bolt. But only the rear cover looks gm. It has the 4 bolt wheels as well. Any thoughts on what might have the 4 bolts on a 10 bolt?
              Chevy Vega.
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Working...
              X