Dash Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Dash Install

1959 Lark wagon. I have installed the bottom half of the dash and I cannot find in any of my manuals how the brake pedal bracket attaches to the dash. There is a stepped bracket that goes through the support rod from the firewall but there is a significant space between the dash and the pedal bracket I'd say about 1/2".
    I don't see any reference to the installation of the dash,brake pedal bracket, steering column that I can refer to. There is also two small brackets that fit somewhere between the two halves of the dash. Can anyone help me please.
    Regards,
    Mark

The 59 and 60 Lark brake/clutch pedals do not attach to the dash or firewall.
    Both pedals come UP, from the floor. The master cylinder is mounted to the frame as is the clutch mechanism.

Mike

Comment

Try rotating it? and be sure the dash is ALL the way 'up' on top of the windshield 'step' Will look regarding the others...

Comment

Mark,
        As per Mike, my '59 Lark has the brake pedal mounted through the floor due to master location. Could yours have the later suspended pedals?
        Bill

Comment

Your Wagon must be either a '61, or a Modified 1959 with suspended Pedals as Mike V said!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Okay guys thanks for being so observant. Yes I have hanging pedals, before I bought the car I guess however I have owned the car for 20 years and I may have changed them too. So back to the original question is it in any manual about the attaching set-up?
            Regards,
            Mark

Comment

The 1959 to 1964 Body Parts Catalog shows the Parts of the Instrument Panel on '59 & '60's in Group 2113 on Pg. 101.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

No it doesn't Rich, that shows above the dash not below it I need to see the hanging brake pedal mechanism and the brackets that hold the dash up, because I have the 59 wagon with later hanging brake pedal.

Comment

Working...
                X