Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Champ seat replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Champ seat replacement

I have a 61 Champ that obviously has had its original seat replaced. This seat is now in poor condition with both upholstery and spring problems. Are there any original seats still out there? And/or, are the mounting holes somewhat standard and what else might fit?

Finally, my first vehicle was a 65 Ford half ton and I liked that it had a folding back allowing easy access to the limited space behind the seat. Are any seats like that suitable for a Champ?

When I first got my 61 Champ I replaced the seat with one from a 59 Lark 2 door in order to have easier access to the back of the seat. I am not familiar with earlier models but suspect the seat mounting points are the same. What you can't use on a Champ is a 50/50 or bucket seat because of the rise in the floor for the fuel tank. That portion also requires the wood spacers that you find under the seat track to floor to allow clearance.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Warren, was that a 'bolt in' ? Cool! and thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X