Orders for Halibrand wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels / Tires: Orders for Halibrand wheels

Just talked to Pat O'Brien from Real Rodders Wheels. He needs 4 more orders for the Halibrand wheels used on 63-64 Studebakers to have a production run.

Has anyone checked with Jon Myer to see whether the spinners will be available? I wouldn't put in an order for the wheels without assurances that the spinners are going to be available.
    -Dwight

Comment

Yes he has them for 50 a piece

Comment

How much are they? and what's the cost?.any pictures .

Comment

Real Rodders has a website with prices and pictures.

Comment

http://www.realrodderswheels.biz/
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

WAY outta my price range.

Comment

What is the price (before the spinner is added)? The spinners really look great on the wheel.

Comment

They might be out of your price range, but they look absolutely bitchin. I wish I had a set, and right now I don't even have a Studebaker to put them on!
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Does it look like the wheel takes the old style mag wheel shanked nut and washer rather than updating to acorn seat style? Those lug nuts have not been actively used in many years.
                    Just curious.
                    Bill

Comment

Originally posted by dstude View Post
                      What is the price (before the spinner is added)? The spinners really look great on the wheel.
                      $230 to $935 per wheel depending on size and finish.

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
                      They might be out of your price range, but they look absolutely bitchin. I wish I had a set, and right now I don't even have a Studebaker to put them on!
                      Put them on your Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Jeep, AMC, Bentley ,Acura, Honda, Hyundai, Infinity, Isuzu, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Scion, Toyota, Subaru, Suzuki, or Daewoo. They all use the same bolt pattern, at least on some models.

Buzzard: I believe they do use "shanked" lug nuts. While not common on "modern" wheels, they are still widely used, commonly available and easy to get.

Comment

Has anyone noticed the reversed lettering on the spinners?
                        -Dwight

Comment

Has anyone noticed the reversed lettering on the spinners?
                          Those are the left side spinners, Dwight.
                          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

It is after 1:00 am and my brain wants sleep, but the picture of the Halibrand wheel looks like it is reversed (like reversing a negative). And, I never noticed any "left" or "right" spinners when I got mine (so it looks like Chris Pile is putting me on).
                            -Dwight
                            Last edited by Dwight FitzSimons; 08-16-2018, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Does anyone have a picture of these on a CK ?
                              Bill Foy
                              1000 Islands, Ontario
                              1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X