Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

53 rear bumper filler panel scews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a side note, originally the graver deflector on my 54 was bent upwards and flat with little definition of a crease (from backing into a curb/s) I removed the component and determined how it should look and did some body work to reshape it and now it appears as original. I can understand that there could be some confusion when looking at these two metal components if one is damaged.

Comment

Again, Thanks to all for the help and information, and to Radioroy, I've ordered the body and chassis manuals you suggested so now I won't need to ask about every bolt I don't have.
      Darryl C. Lewallen Clarkesville, Ga.

Comment

Originally posted by dclewallen View Post
        Again, Thanks to all for the help and information, and to Radioroy, I've ordered the body and chassis manuals you suggested so now I won't need to ask about every bolt I don't have.
        Plus... you will be able to answer questions that others have.
        Last edited by RadioRoy; 08-17-2018, 08:34 PM.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
        10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
        56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
        60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Do not forget that the 1953 panels are different from the 1954.

See the links above in Post #8
          Last edited by rkapteyn; 08-24-2018, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Glad you took Roys' suggestion. If you own a vintage vehicle you should have the appropriate manuals. When you receive your chassis parts catalog you will find the following:
            Gravel deflector held on by 5/16 X 1/2 Hex. Washer Head Self-Tapping screw
            Filler held on by 10X1/2 Slotted head self tapping screw and lock washers.
            Last edited by rbisacca; 08-24-2018, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X