Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mch
    replied
    Hawklover, you need never to speak on my behalf; again.
    for IvoryDan a& TWC Champ, Regarding the information I was told by the daughter, when the car was purchased and delivered new in CA, at that time for reasons unknown, the owner changed the speedo as he either thought, was told, or otherwise that the 160 speedo would cause his insurance rates to increase. Since I was not there, I am receiving the information from the daughter to be what it was.
    This is a totally rust free car with 54K original miles. I had the car totally disassembled for the outcome I wanted. Other than carpet & headliner, the interior is in great shape. A/C is very cold & the car drives fast & straight. I think by September this will be another concours winner.

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    I think Mark is somewhat confused as to the reason(s) the original owner changed the speedo....why assume the insurance company had anything to do with it??? Insurance underwriters do not come poking around a cars interior. Back in the day, insurance companies would ask what car you were insuring, and what engine the car had in it. I remember my friend purchased a new Dodge Challenger back in 1970, the ins company asked him which engine was in the car, fortunately he did not fib, even if he did the VIN would have made clear what was sitting under the hood, no use to tell them it was the 318 two barrel, when the truth was it twas the 440 six pac!! Btw...that car literally rotted off the frame.... and folks talk about South Bend "ROT":-(
    Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
    That one had me stumped also.

Leave a comment:

• TWChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by ivorydan View Post
    Mark, let me get this straight: the insurance agent would inspect car speedometers before writing policies?
    Dan
    That one had me stumped also.

Leave a comment:

• ivorydan
    replied
    Mark, let me get this straight: the insurance agent would inspect car speedometers before writing policies?
    Dan

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    I believe they converted the Borg clock in my car to quartz. As to your response, I did not want to assume anything, hence my question, I have found over the years men spend their money in very specific and unique ways, not all the time to my liking, but then the money was not mine to spend.
    Originally posted by mch View Post
    Indicating a concours quality paint really answers your inquiry. Looking for one that may not work is worth checking out and then sending out to Gentry Zentmeyer at autoinsturments01@gmail.com for a complete rebuild.

Leave a comment:

• mch
    replied
    Indicating a concours quality paint really answers your inquiry. Looking for one that may not work is worth checking out and then sending out to Gentry Zentmeyer at autoinsturments01@gmail.com for a complete rebuild.

Leave a comment:

• Hawklover
    replied
    Any limit on the amount of money you are willing to spend?....that could be the determining factor to cause one to let go of an NOS speedo that has been sitting in storage for over 50 years. Additionally, why would you consider a non-working part, considering you are finishing up a major big bucks ground up restoration??
    Originally posted by mch View Post
    Members, I am looking for a 160mph speedo for my 64 Super Hawk. Seems the original owner changed it to a 120mph for insurance reasons and now I am finishing up a major concours quality paint and want to change the speedo. A working or non working 160mph speedo for a Super Hawk is what I need. Please look around.
    thanks,
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• mch
    started a topic Speedo / Tach / Gauges: 160mph speed

160mph speed

Members, I am looking for a 160mph speedo for my 64 Super Hawk. Seems the original owner changed it to a 120mph for insurance reasons and now I am finishing up a major concours quality paint and want to change the speedo. A working or non working 160mph speedo for a Super Hawk is what I need. Please look around.
    thanks,
    Mark
Working...
X