Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

64 Wagonaire condenser installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: 64 Wagonaire condenser installation

I'm planning on putting A/C in this 64 Wagonaire. Never seen any bracing like what is on the front of this car. I'm pretty sure Studebaker installed air on these cars. Anyone have a picture of a condenser installed on a Wagonaire?
    Attached Files
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

I looked but don't have a pic of mine. In the body parts book a/c section page 28 gives you an idea of how it was done . I made side mounting brackets similar to the ones in the parts book using 1" x 1/8" steel strip, you can bend in a vise with hammer. The factory5/16" bolt holes should already be on your car. I added a piece onto the sides of the main brackets to extend over to condenser and also put a 1/2 wide strip on the left side of the left bracket and used hose clamps to clamp the dryer to the bracket. The side brackets have to be offset outward to put the condenser in front of the horseshoe front end mounting. The condenser I used is a universal 14" x 23" unit. The total cost of parts not including hoses and fittings was just under $300.00 (2015). I looked but don't have a pic of condenser with front off.Click image for larger version

Name:	Ac underdash.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1721768
    Last edited by rbigcal; 08-14-2018, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X