Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Front Bucket seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Front Bucket seats

Looking to replace or repair my front bucket seats on my 74 Avanti. Would I be better off having them recovered or buying new.

My '83 Avanti has the original Recaro leather seats and they are absolutely SUPERB. Perhaps see if anyone is dismantling one with these seats as an option. You won't be sorry.
    Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Larmay View Post
      Looking to replace or repair my front bucket seats on my 74 Avanti. Would I be better off having them recovered or buying new.
      How comfortable are your current seats and how original do you want to stay? If they are comfortable enough then find a local upholsterer and have them redone in the material of your choice. I couldn't spend 15 minutes in my 74 front seats without discomfort so out they came.

If you don't care about originality, look around and set in any number of current and intermediate size cars. When you find the ones you like the best, be sure they are low enough and can be adapted to the Avanti floorpan. Most will. I ended up with 2007 Pontiac G6 leather seats with power and heat. Don't like the upholstery, most current model seats can be reupholstered for around $300 through custom seat cover manufactures and probably about that locally. Many patterns are available.

Initial cost around here, leather front seats without side air bags, $150-200, With air bags $250-400.

They currently look like this. I may have them reupholstered in the future but I need to spend my time now getting it on the road.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180814_134226.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	1721767

Bob
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X