Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Another idea for power brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Another idea for power brakes

I saw this on ebay and I think it might be another way to add power brakes to Studes and others. These are used on Lexus hybrid SUVs. I don't see any connection to Antilock, just 12V. Might even be able to do it under the floor. Would need 12V and under floor would need remote reservoir.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2011-L...H0.XLexus.TRS1
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

I was looking on alldata and it looks like that cylinder thing below the master cylinder is called a brake stroke simulator and it plugs into an abs/skid control module so it probably won't work without it.

Comment

One of the large "Internet/Mail Order" brake system suppliers advertised an electric booster for around $1,000 - And, no I do not recall which supplier (last year it was advertised in many of the car magazines).

Paultk

Comment

Here is a quick search for a electric brake booster for much cheaper from many sources.
        The expensive one must be from Speedway they seem to have one for like $1300

https://www.google.com/search?q=elec...w=1536&bih=728
        Last edited by Edsel G. Tattooer; 08-25-2018, 10:56 AM. Reason: new info
        I have a 1950 4 door Commander a 51 land cruiser And a 52 Champion
        sigpic
        I'll Tattoo you anytime!
        And you can find me at....

New Shop Name Same tattoo shop
        Crazy Lady Ink
        Shakopee Mn.
        952-445-3281
        27 years in the tattooing biz

Comment

These are not brake boosters, they are vacume pumps that are used to provide adequate vacume for a vacume brake booster.
          David L

Comment

DOH!
            Not all are.
            Here is the one Mentioned above

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Compa...BoCTJwQAvD_BwE
            I have a 1950 4 door Commander a 51 land cruiser And a 52 Champion
            sigpic
            I'll Tattoo you anytime!
            And you can find me at....

New Shop Name Same tattoo shop
            Crazy Lady Ink
            Shakopee Mn.
            952-445-3281
            27 years in the tattooing biz

Comment

A better idea...just use the proper sized master cylinder.

I've driven two and am building another Stude (brand has no bearing) with either disc-drum, or disc-disc, and used no big heavy, space wasting, ugly power booster. The disc-drum car was pretty much a normal stopping car, while the disc-disc car is a two toe stopping car.
              The floor mounted pedal length is just right, and I assume that the hanging pedals are very close in length to having a good lever arm length.

Do a little homework and save money and space, just get the right sized master cylinder for the calipers you are using.

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X