62 GT Master Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: 62 GT Master Cylinder

Does anyone know what size socket you need to take the top of the master cylinder on a 62 GT? Whoever did the brakes the last time put the cover on with an impact wrench or something. It doesn't want to turn loose. Thanks

Originally posted by Chucks Stude View Post
    Does anyone know what size socket you need to take the top of the master cylinder on a 62 GT? Whoever did the brakes the last time put the cover on with an impact wrench or something. It doesn't want to turn loose. Thanks
    There's always corrosion between the aluminum cap and the cast iron cylinder. FWIW, use an impact and gently jiggle it tight and then loose.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

Thanks Jack, do you know what size socket I need? I am short on sockets over 1 ".

Comment

As an idea, use an open end or Cresent wrench that matches the nut size and that would be your guide to what socket you need.

Comment

1 1/8, 6point works best , deep well really good but sometimes hard to find. Luck Doofus

Comment

Gotta use the one that fits! They are all different now. I doubt there is an original out there and if there is it needs to be replaced or resleeved. Crescent works but I put it on vertically and apply some torque with a hefty screwdriver thru the hole in the handle.

Comment

Working...
            X