X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• christophe
    replied
    Hey Kyle,
    Here are two diagrams I found on a Corvair Forum.
    Oddly, pictures did not want to appear, so I had to use the attachment.
    I hope this helps.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by christophe; 08-17-2018, 06:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoHawk
    replied
    Christophe,
    Thanks for input helping with wiring my fuel pump. Where would I add the inertia switch in your diagram, and where would a priming switch be wired in?

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoHawk
    replied
    One last post with questions about wiring this up. Installing a momentary switch jumping the wires going to the I & P terminals of the oil pressure switch, I can then prime the carb. Correct?
    Also, I don’t have to actually run a wire from the I terminal of the oil pressure switch to the ignition switch, I can go to the I terminal on the starter solenoid. Correct?
    Finally, the S terminal of the oil pressure switch goes to the S terminal of the starter solenoid. Correct?
    Thanks for all your help and patience.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Strasser
    replied
    coloradohawk;rs
    Using Christophe latest drawing; you could either supply 12 volts to terminal 86 or if the momentary contact switch is heavy enough; wire it to jump out terminals 30 and 87 on the relay. As far as fusing goes; I would like the wires going to the added wires going to the oil pressure switch and the inertia switch to be fused. An easy way to do it would be to install an in line fuse in the power wire to the ignition switch.
    Ron

Leave a comment:

• christophe
    replied
    Here is the schematic with a 3 terminal pressure switch.
    I hope this helps.
    Nice weekend to all.

Leave a comment:

• Noxnabaker
    replied
    & all these years I've just had + from ingition to the pump & the other wire from the pump grounded & it has worked... & still does. With a fuse thou...
    Last edited by Noxnabaker; 08-17-2018, 02:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoHawk
    replied
    Ron, where would you relocate the fuse to protect all the added wires?
    Would the momentary switch go between the 2 wires coming off the oil pressure switch?

Leave a comment:

• Ron Strasser
    replied
    Coloradohawk;
    Either diagram will work
    On Christophe's diagram I would relocate the fuse so that all added wires are fused.
    On either diagram I would add a momentary contact switch to power terminal 85 (power to the relays coil) in order to fill the carburetor with fuel prior too trying to start the car.
    On either diagram; change the cars oil and there is a good chance the oil pressure will not be built up before the engine starts. No problem as long as the carburetor is full of fuel.
    On Christopher's diagram the blue wire is from the ignition switch.
    Ron

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoHawk
    replied
    I’m using one out of a 2001 Ford Explorer.

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrkelly View Post
    What type/brand inertia switch are you going to use?
    Mustang.... they used to be pretty cheap on ebay, but today, the pick
    ings are slim

Leave a comment:

• Mrkelly
    replied
    What type/brand inertia switch are you going to use?

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoHawk
    replied
    Thanks for the reply Christophe. The oil pressure switch in your schematic is missing a terminal, there are 3. Also, I don’t see any wire going to the ignition switch. Is all this correct?

Leave a comment:

• christophe
    replied

I think this one would do the trick.
    Best of luck with your new setup.

Leave a comment:

• JLB
    replied
    Do you really need both an oil pressure switch and an inertia switch? I don't think you do,but I'm no expert. I would wire the inertia switch with the pump ground wire going though the inertia switch.
    JB

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoHawk
    started a topic Electrical: Wiring In My Electric Fuel Pump

Wiring In My Electric Fuel Pump

Tomorrow’s the day that I install my Holley Mighty Mite electric fuel pump on my ‘63 Hawk. I’m no electrical or wiring expert, but I’ve studied the wiring diagrams on Bob’s resource page thoroughly. I just wanted to check with those of you I would consider experts to verify that I understand what I’m doing.
    I’m using both an oil pressure switch and inertia switch as well as a Summit Racing fuel pump relay. The relay has a red (term 30), grey (term 85), purple (term 87) and yellow (term 86) wires. I’ve sketched the wiring diagram as I understand it. Is this correct?
    Attached Files
Working...
X