Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

'51 Champion stainless windshield trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kurtruk
    replied
    It is one piece, with a top cover clip to cover the joint. See my PM to you. BTW, did you get the windshield from Turner's as well?

Leave a comment:

• Lofty
    replied
    Lofty here, I got around having a shade band across the top of my screen by installing a band of window tinting across the inside of the screen, it works well. Lofty.

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    Look for posts about windshields. 41 Frank told about a method he used for installing the trim that I planned to use when I change my windshield. The band windshield may not be available, but fully tinted ones are if that would work. If you google 51 Studebaker you will find pictures of cars with and without the trim pieces. IMHO the ones without the trim look very stark.

Leave a comment:

• unclemiltie
    replied
    Originally posted by dstude View Post
    Unclemiltie, yes, I am interested in your windshield trim. Is it complete with any small clips that might be necessary to cover the gaps where the large pieces meet? I assume there would be two clips and two large pieces, but I guess it could be four and four. My car has never had it but needs a windshield, so this seems like the right time. What is its condition and what is its price? My email is dg.nsd@sbcglobal.net. Thanks.
    I am on the road and will check it when I get home. It has been on the garage wall for many years so I am not going to rely on my memory.

Leave a comment:

• fpstude
    replied
    After installing the windshield trim on our '50 thirty years ago, I said I'd never do it again. If I need a new windshield, I'll go with a windsheild seal without trim.

Leave a comment:

• dstude
    replied
    Unclemiltie, yes, I am interested in your windshield trim. Is it complete with any small clips that might be necessary to cover the gaps where the large pieces meet? I assume there would be two clips and two large pieces, but I guess it could be four and four. My car has never had it but needs a windshield, so this seems like the right time. What is its condition and what is its price? My email is dg.nsd@sbcglobal.net. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• unclemiltie
    replied
    If the vendors do not have the trim you want I have one I would sell

Leave a comment:

• kurtruk
    replied
    Don't believe a w/s with the sun shade across the top was ever offered originally on the 47-52 cars, but may have been later by the aftermarket. I don't believe any are being made currently with the sun shade band.

Leave a comment:

• Champ51
    replied
    I don't believe it has been reproduced, but your friendly local Studebaker parts supplier may have a good used one. My supplier in Aurora Missouri had 2 from which I could choose.
    Be careful installing, or you may need another as they are easy to ruin. BTDT

Leave a comment:

• dstude
    started a topic Body: '51 Champion stainless windshield trim

'51 Champion stainless windshield trim

Does anyone know where I might find the stainless windshield trim for a '51 Champion? Does anyone reproduce it?

And is there such a thing available as a clear windshield with a shade stripe at the top of the glass? Were they ever offered for the '51 Champ?

Thanks.
Working...
X