Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Looking for a 289 GT Hawk air cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Looking for a 289 GT Hawk air cleaner

I need a proper fitting air cleaner for my 289 4 barrel 1963 Hawk. Aftermarket is fine with me.
    Any recommendations?

Most New Aftermarket Air Cleaners without Silencers and without Dirt, Water and Oil protective covers are available everywhere, Auto Parts Stores and on-line.

However they are all made to except the New Edelbrock Carbs. with 5 1/8 Inch openings, so to fit your Carter WCFB or AFB that is 4 1/8", you also need the Adapter.

Some vendors at: http://studebakervendors.com MAY still have 1959 to 1964 4 Brl. Stock United Specialties, OEM Studebaker, much BETTER Air Cleaners $$$, OR you can easily find 2 Brl. ones and open up the Carb. hole.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

You can use your original air cleaner and buy a bottom plate to fit the Edelbrock.

Comment

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
        You can use your original air cleaner and buy a bottom plate to fit the Edelbrock.
        I do not have the original. It's an aftermarket that is too big at the base for the stock 4 1/8' carb throat

Comment

Edward, I sent You a PM.

Originally posted by avanti-hawk View Post
          I do not have the original. It's an aftermarket that is too big at the base for the stock 4 1/8' carb throat
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Here's what you need $6.46 : https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-2082
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
              Edward, I sent You a PM.
              I didn't receive the PM

Comment

Originally posted by bensherb View Post
                Here's what you need $6.46 : https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-2082
                Ok. Thanks That might do the trick. But just checked the throttle linkage and it looks like too much play in the baseplate butterfly shaft. So I dont know if the carb is just worn out or can be rebuilt. Probably need a new carb. I just wanted it running good to sell. The person who I bought it from had some crappy work done and I don't wish to pass that garbage stuff on to the next owner. Maybe he bought it that way, but the asshat who did the appraisal missed a large amount of obvious mistakes or just lied about the condition

Comment

Working...
                X