Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Need Help with Champ A/C Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Need Help with Champ A/C Installation

I am installing factory A/C in my Dad's '63/4 V-8 Champ. I bought the templates some years ago but am stymied by the location of the holes to drill in the front air panel for the condenser/drier. If anyone can supply pics of same please help. I also would like to see how your drier and condenser mount as the parts book shows brackets similar to a SR wagon/convertible A/C installation. I've looked at several trick after market installations but want to keep my Dad's truck stock. I'd also like to see the evaporator as the parts book says a '62 Lark (and mounting bracket ) but the later models I've seen use the '63/4 style. The only reference I have close by is the last factory 3/4 ton tow truck with factory A/C but with the 5 speed OD trans the evaporator is in a different location as well as the holes for running the hoses. Thank you for any help.
    Rob in PA.
    Last edited by stude1964; 06-21-2018, 07:13 PM.
Working...
X