Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

31 Dictator sedan top material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: 31 Dictator sedan top material

Hi All, I am getting ready to put a new top on a 31 Dictator 4dr sedan for a friend, and would like to use the original type material. I am not an avid Studebaker fan and therefore have very limited information for this vehicle. Go ahead and laugh, I am a Ford Model A geek and have 2 book cases of literature for them, but only generic information for Studebakers. If anyone has a photo of the correct material or know of an upholstery/top supplier that specializes in Studebakers please let me know whatever info you have.

I don't believe there are any upholstery suppliers specializing in Studebakers. The material you are looking for is called "decking".
    If it still has it's original top you have the advantage of knowing the original texture.
    Assuming it's pretty toasted, you can send out small samples to the major restoration material suppliers.
    I know Restoration Specialties in Windber, PA supplies several examples. My '33 Rockne uses the "Smooth Grain" Decking. http://www.restorationspecialties.co...g/page_113.pdf
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

LeBaron Bonney used to have all this kind of stuff. Hopefully they are still in business.

https://www.lebaronbonney.com/cart/top_kits.php
      Last edited by RadioRoy; 05-18-2018, 12:29 PM.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
      10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
      56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
      60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Working...
      X