X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dsfarrell
    replied
    Originally posted by ColoradoHawk View Post
    I installed mine without the groove and it went in and works fine. I can’t imagine what the purpose the groove is supposedly for.
    Thanks, Im going to give it a go this weekend. I will try and add a couple of pictures too later.

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoHawk
    replied
    I installed mine without the groove and it went in and works fine. I can’t imagine what the purpose the groove is supposedly for.

Leave a comment:

• dsfarrell
    replied
    Photo is worth a million words here as they say. I have a good idea where it goes, just no idea of what the 1/4” grove looks like and where it is on the block. Drawing anyone? I have searched this forum extensively, Surely I’m not the only one that has needed to see this bracket.

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoHawk
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	21E1A41C-51C1-46BA-B9CD-34E7FEA6F03B.png
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	1891909 I don’t have a photo readily available, but the chassis catalog shows where it’s located. The wood spacer goes between the metal brace behind the dash and the emergency brake handle assembly.

Leave a comment:

• dsfarrell
    replied
    I know this is old, but does anyone have a picture of the block that is used for the emergency brake in the Hawks? I am not getting where the 1/4" grove is suppose to be.

Thanks in advance,
    David

Leave a comment:

• jts359
    replied
    I think I still have a few of them NOS , As I get ready for So. Bend I'll dig them out , Ed

Leave a comment:

• doofus
    replied
    Once cleaned out the holes turned out to be 11/32. Luck Doofus

Leave a comment:

• doofus
    replied
    heyup, its oak,23/4 long.1 1/4 tall. 3/4 thick. 2 holes t match e brake handle hole spacing, maybe 5/16. a1/2 wide by 1/4 deep groove runs front to back. Luck Doofus

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoHawk
    started a topic Brakes: Hawk Parking Brake Spacer

Hawk Parking Brake Spacer

In a few weeks, I’m going to go to Wisconsin to see my mom and get my dads ‘64 GT Hawk back on the road again. I don’t know why, but many years ago my dad completely removed the parking brake assembly. Does anyone know the dimensions for the wood parking brake spacer block?
Working...
X