Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

64 Champ wiring 1st question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: 64 Champ wiring 1st question

I am helping my son return back to the original wiring harness a late October 63 built 64 Champ. I was thrilled when SI said that they had a NOS harness on the shelf. I works great for more connections. I found based on the wire lengths that there may have been different 6 versus 8 cylinder harnesses, but I can add to wires as needed.

I have the wiring diagram labelled "After 4E Series 1/2 And 3/4 Ton". The wiper switch is labelled with -connections: A, B, F and P. The switch on this truck has: Bat, A, B, C, D! Was there a switch change? I wired A & B, but which wires go to C and D? Also does Bat require connection and from what wire?

You can call me if easier at 814-688-0749, thanks.

You need the Wiring Diagram for the 8E '63 & '64 Champ Trucks, they have a 4 Wire Wiper Motor.

If you ordered the 8E-7 (V8) Harness it should match all the generator wires on the Right Side of the Engine, not the Left like a "6".

The "BAT" (Battery) Terminal wire goes to the keyed Power, "ACC" Term. of the Ign. Switch to operate in "ACC." or "ON" Mode.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 04-07-2018, 01:14 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Where do I find a specific 8E wiring diagram? There is no such updated diagram in the 2E-8E Shop Manual.

Comment

Try this..

https://www.studebakerparts.com/stud...s/5el-wire.jpg
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
          Unfortunately, laying on my side reading this all I could find is that it is for Transtar ("C" Cab) 1 Ton, 1 1/2 and 2 Ton Trucks.
          But for some odd reason I saw NO Wiper Motor, I don't know about the Diesels, but all the Gas powered ones I have owned and seen had Electric Wipers, maybe it is in the Accessory wiring Diagrams, because it was optional on a few Models.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
          X