Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

'60 Hawk needs steering box rebuilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering: '60 Hawk needs steering box rebuilt

I'm working on a '60 Hawk and the steering gearbox is worn beyond adjustment. The car has power steering, but I believe the gearbox is the same for manual and P/S. Anyone know of a reputable rebuilder near the southern California area? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by brngarage; 04-29-2018, 10:22 AM. Reason: Correct spelling in title
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Lee's in Sun Valley.

Comment

Thanks Alan. I'll contact them.
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Just do an internet search for LARES CORPORATION cheers jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
        X