No announcement yet.

New HEI distributor option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone see if the Delco window distributor cap fits the MAXX and CRT's? (any way to run a female post cap.)

I suppose the reason for the male posts is the use of 8mm wire?

Yes, the real question is longevity with regard to miles driven and sitting in storage - things like capacitors can go bad simply due to age.

Comment

• I purchased a Female cap from the Billet and a Crome round High. Voltage coil to match

Comment

• This is the CRT version, which seems to work well.

It will come with some tuning parts..

The black plastic part is the vacuum advance delete, if you chose to use just mechanical advance, or use it as a trigger for a spark computer.

When shipped, they have the black springs and the silver donut installed, so it will be the top curve, 16 deg at 2000 rpm.

On a "JT" build, the JT mechanical advance is limited to 10/11 deg.

I used the gold (light) springs and used the black donut to limit the mechanical advance to 12.5 deg at 1500 RPM.

I also adjusted the internal stop in the vacuum advance for a total of 28 deg of advance, mechanical and vacuum at 3000 RPM and 17" of Hg.
        (12.5 mechanical - 15.5 vacuum)

Click on picture to watch video. Notice the air distortion..

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	1724029Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5306.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	1724031Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	1724030

Comment

• Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
          This is the CRT version, which seems to work well.<snip>
          Thank you for a quality factual post (with video)
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

• I am very happy with the performance of the Maxx distributor on my '62 Hawk. Has anyone figured out how to wire the factory tach so it works properly?
            sigpicJohn Esmonde
            Holland Landing, Ontario
            Canada
            \'62 Hawk
            \'60 Lark Regal Convertible
            \'30 Chev Coach

Comment

• What was the R2 curve? I seem to recall it was full advance at 1600. Since I would set total advance (34-36 degrees), I never cared with the amount of advance was in the distributor.

BUT, I'm a Big Advocate of VACUUM ADVANCE. I do believe in fuel economy since gas isn't cheap anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X