1960 Lark parts ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 1960 Lark parts ????

I have searched the shop manual and can not find what these are for, or where they go. I have four of them on a 1960 Lark 2 door hardtop. They are rubber.....Click image for larger version

Name:	20180102_160705_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1756346Click image for larger version

Name:	20180102_160655_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1756345

These are the splash guards for the upper rear of the front fender where the hood hinges are under the hood.

Comment

That is correct, the Lower Hood Spring goes through that Slit.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
        These are the splash guards for the upper rear of the front fender where the hood hinges are under the hood.
        I figured they were some kind of seal. I still can't figure how exactly they fit in that area though. I look thru the forum Lark registry, and the only vehicle that I found that had these seals was yours. Most vehicles did not even have them. Is there any was you could provide a better picture of their install? Is there only one seal in that area?

Keith
        60 Lark 2door Hardtop

Comment

It is not designed as a Positive "SEAL", only a Splash Shield to stop most mud and water from the Tire going in.

If you follow along the edge of the Fender along the Hood opening here, you can just barely see the Left one and almost the Right one right next to the Hood Hinge.

Click image for larger version

Name:	59 regal VIII Blue5.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	1717787 There is a huge gaping hole at the rear if the Inner Fender, that gets covered by putting fasteners horizontally along the fender lip and attaching the Shield.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 01-04-2018, 05:42 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
          X