Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

what retains the back seat - 52 car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what retains the back seat - 52 car

In a 52 2 door (in this case hardtop), what holds the lower portion of the back seat in the car?

I have the seat, and I have the floor. You'd think I would see some sort of connection between the two. I know how the back rest piece is bolted in. But the part you sit on...just sits there. Surely there were some hooks or clips or...?

Dan
    52 hardtop
    www.studebakerhardtop.com

Dan, I BELIEVE (not certain, mind you) that the upper part engages the lip of the package shelf and has two threaded studs coming up from the floorboards to secure the two protrusions along the lower edge of the back. With that in place, the lower cushion slides in underneath the lower edge of the back, while there's two "nubs" on the floorboards that the corresponding frame of the lower chushion catch on to hold it secured against the lower edge of the back cushion! Hope that makes sense![:I]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Mr.Biggs is correct. The cushion (seat, not the back) slips in below the rear, and then "snaps" in to the bar/support that goes across the floor just behind the B pillar.

Comment

I would add that sometimes you have to push pretty hard on the seat bottom to get it to snap in or get it out. I usually brace myself against the front seat. Sometimes it works easier that others, but the seat frame is stiff and has to flex some to snap into place. You will be pushing the lowest part of the frame near the floor.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
        X