No announcement yet.

Tips or Tricks to unseize a locked 259?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When we have a seized/corroded bolt on an aircraft, we use a 50:50 mix of aircraft kerosine and engine oil. You can also use diesel and engine oil. We call it mouse milk. Works very good

Comment

I'm afraid my curiosity would get the best of me by now. I would take it apart, first pay attention to what cyls had open exhaust valves.after heads are off you will probably find rust in some cyls. concentrate on those, pull pan and ease those out and clean up cyls.once crank turns you can continue with taking it apart or patch it up. if you have filled cylinders with various penetrants beware of pan removal. once drained and pan is off engine will drizzle on you for days to come! have fun. Luck Doofus

Comment

Stop trying to hurt yourself , Take it apart !

Comment

IF..., the bores are heavily rusted I wonder if the washing soda and battery charger method would be helpful. That way rather than freeing the rust but having it remain in the bore to be scrapped off, you are actually removing it. A steel tube (to vent the gases) would have to be insulated through the spark plug hole. And, the tube needs to be smaller than the hole by some measure because eventually the rust will accumulate on it. But if taking the engine apart is not an option, this is.
          '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Reread #25. Unless your brakes are stuck, or you clutch is slipping, you should see some movement, if it's going to free itself. Plugs out, of course.

Comment

Working...
            X