Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To adjust 1950 Starlight coupe door latch ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: How To adjust 1950 Starlight coupe door latch ?

How do I adjust the door latch on my 1950 2 door Starlight Coupe? The door opens from the outside but is very hard to open from the inside. Thanks Bill

If the door works correctly from the outside then you don't want to adjust the latch. Instead check how much wear you have on the interior linkage. On our '51, the "Left Front Door Remote Link" had loose rivets and a loose center pivot, and the holes at each end of the link were elongated. Eliminating some of that wear gave us a door which now opens easily from the inside.

Comment

I like to remove the door panels and put Mystik JT-6 High Temp red grease on all the moving parts. Well lubed things work so much nicer than dry or rusted parts. I haven't done it yet to the 1950 Champion I bought 3 1/2 years ago, but I need to do that and lift the rear of both doors about 1/2". I also need to see why the right door glass cocks half way up and needs a bit of help getting it past that bad spot.

Comment

Thanks for the information, I removed the door panel & made the slot longer in the linkage for more adjustment & now the door opens correctly. billClick image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6539.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	1717157

Comment

Working...
        X