Ebay Studebaker problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Studebaker problems

Wanting to do my usual parts hunt,hit ebay started viewing on the new ebay motors site-- what the $%%^#@ are jeep parts zeon headlights, taillights, chips and controllers doing on it? Sent an email asking the same ???? Has anyone else had the same problem?? I don't have time to sift out the junk, only want to look for Studebaker parts. Lou Cote

See the post: "Studebaker ebay search" on the general forum (where it should be). Mark and the whole world is having the same problem I believe! [:0]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Yes, I feel your aggravation. I also am irritated by vendors of generic junk and automobilia that somehow manage to show up on my EBay searches for parts to fit a particular kind of car.

"You Can't Have Everything--Where Would You Put It?" ---comedian Steven Wright

Comment

I believe its the shared model, "Commander", that pulls in the Jeep parts. Beyond that distraction, I just don't like the new feel & I don't see a way to save searches.

Click on "Options" in the upper right & it allows you to return to the old format. It also allows us to send feedback to tell them not to mess with a good thing unless they can list the advantages of the switch.

'60 Hawk
        Black on red, of course

Comment

Don't worry... eBay will soon have the problem fixed!![}]

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar
          3E-6/7-122
          </h5>
          Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander
          Zone Coordinator
          Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

I've bought a number of Studebakers, hundreds of parts, and many engines on E-bay. Probably 90% of my 263 positives are Studebaker related. The trick is to establish your own search headings. In your browser favorites save a search like 53 Studebaker. Put in a search topic in the e-bay search field, and make sure that you are in e-bay motors. After IE brings this up, then add it to your favorites. Go back into favorites and then rename the e-bay url something simple like 53 Studebaker, Studebaker V8, etc. Then when you go to your list of favorite bookmarks, just click on "Avanti". or Studebaker V8 etc. THis then limits the keyword engine on e-bay to only search that saved catagory. I would be happy to send a very extensive list of urls that are exclusively Studebaker searchs that your could load and save in your favorites. I search e-bay Studebaker listings a couple of times a day, and can't afford to waste time. Hope this helps.

Ben

bekglm1@aol.com
            SIAR/ Special Interest Autos and Restorations
            59 Canadian Lark 2 door 63 full flow 6 cyl 3 OD
            59 Silver Hawk 289 4 bbl 3 OD
            62 Lark Wagon 335 hp 4 bolt small block GM/built THM 350/Versilles RE w/discs
            62 Lark Cruiser 259 auto, TT
            62 Daytona 289 4 bbl PS Auto, TT
            55 President 289 4B PS PB
            54 Commander
            56 Flight Hawk
            53 Champion
            53 Champ R6 Bonneville Race Car "MAYA" Raymond's Revenge Racing Team (3RT Racing)

Comment

Working...
            X