Spare wheel for my GT Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels / Tires: Spare wheel for my GT Hawk

I just bought a Dodge Dakota wheel to use as a spare. Bolt pattern, width and diameter are ok, but the offset is 5 inches, so it won't fit in the front. Anybody got a recommendation as to what kind of wheel is appropriate? 15x5-6,4 1/2 inch bolt pattern, 3-4 inch offset. OR anyone have a wheel with those specs they are willing to sell?
    thanks
    bhapner

I bought four 15'X5 1/2" rims in a boneyard two years ago and while there I grabbed a space-saver spare from one of the donor car's trunks. I know it's really a treaded tube but it fits, will let me limp home if needed, and takes up less space in the Hawk trunk. And there's always triple A.

Comment

I may have one... or more in a shed. If you don't find something, let me know. I'm in north Louisiana and if I can find one and you want it you may have it if you wish to come down and pick it up.

Comment

I've got two of those skinny little space saver tires, I will use one of them, they will take a "little" less space and they are paid for, I guess if you are showing the car then.....well you need bigger wheel/tire combo.

Comment

This spare saver spare in my 53K came from a late 90s Crown Victoria or Marquis. Maybe a town car. I don't recall exactly anymore. Its a T 125/80 16 tire size. It does fit on the finned Studebaker front drums.

Click image for larger version

Name:	T-125-80-16 spare.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	1717101

I grabbed the carpeted cover that goes with it when I got it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	late 90s CV or marquis spare w cover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1717102

BTW, the scissor jack there in front of the spare came from some early 90s Caddy as I recall. Never was used (although "I" had to use it once LOL). Dunno if having a Caddy part in my car makes it some sort of "Studillac" tho, haha.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Stude lack-of-jack gave you a Caddy-jack.
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Thanks for your responses, found one locally

Comment

Working...
              X