Radiator support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint: Radiator support

Hi All- What colour should the Radiator support be? Should it be black, or the body colour?
    Cars are 1961 and 1962 Hawks.
    Steve

Are you talking about the "U" Channel the Radiator sits in?
    I can't imagine that being anything but the Original semi-gloss BLACK!

And do NOT forget the Flat Black at the Bottom of the Hood behind the Grille on the '62!

< A brand NEW one with the blackout.

<White GT Hawks with Body Color there are the worst but, here's a Red one.
    And another '63: Click image for larger version

Name:	Rose Mist R1 4 Speed.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	1717027
    Attached Files
    Last edited by StudeRich; 11-01-2017, 11:20 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks for the reply Rich . I know nothing of the flat black behind the grille- never seen that (maybe for want of actually looking !) How far did the black paint extend?
      Steve

Comment

You should try and get a few of the Turning Wheels Bulletins on hawks. They have valuable information on specific details about colors and generally show pictures that help alleviate the guesswork. Not to mention fun to read and reference. Enjoy

Comment

You can download an index of all "Turning Wheels" magazines http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tw_index.asp and choose the issues you want and order them from me or spend $100.00 for a complete set on a USB flash drive.
          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...rary-Questions
          I have over 4000 back issues of "Turning Wheels" for sale,$8.00 each plus shipping.
          Robert Kapteyn
          studebaker@mac.com
          Last edited by rkapteyn; 11-02-2017, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Winzar View Post
            Thanks for the reply Rich . I know nothing of the flat black behind the grille- never seen that (maybe for want of actually looking !) How far did the black paint extend?
            Steve
            All the way across the Lower Hood Brace area, the area you see (but should not) when enlarging the Dark Rose Mist '63 GT Pic.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

The flat black runs all the way across the bottom of the hood from the grille opening to the center of the grille surround bolt holes including the lower side bolt. It helps distract the eye from seeing the hood as it shows though the grille on the lower part of the grille screen. When this is left body color it makes your grille opening look like crap IMO. you can kind of see it on the bottom of my hood behind the grille.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by swvalcon; 11-03-2017, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
                You can download an index of all "Turning Wheels" magazines http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tw_index.asp and choose the issues you want and order them from me or spend $100.00 for a complete set on a USB flash drive.
                I have over 4000 back issues of "Turning Wheels" for sale,$8.00 each plus shipping.
                Robert Kapteyn
                studebaker@mac.com
                A big hanks for letting me know about this Robert. Our Club here in Melbourne Australia has TW for lending but my circumstances make it inconvenient to borrow. I'd be interested in obtaining a flash drive and will chase it up.
                Steve

Comment

Thanks Rich

Comment

Originally posted by az64stude View Post
                    You should try and get a few of the Turning Wheels Bulletins on hawks. They have valuable information on specific details about colors and generally show pictures that help alleviate the guesswork. Not to mention fun to read and reference. Enjoy
                    Thanks Az64Stude. you're right on that score. a later post has made me aware of a digital compendium of TW so I reckon that will be a serious 'do-er' .

Comment

TW April 87 ( from memory) is usually a good start.
                      Lots of info in that edition.
                      pb

Comment

Originally posted by 63r2 View Post
                        TW April 87 ( from memory) is usually a good start.
                        Lots of info in that edition.
                        pb
                        Thanks for the lead on that, pb
                        Steve

Comment

Just got my USB flash drive yesterday and am having fun looking at issues I've never seen before. And the index is invaluable.

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
                          Robert Kapteyn
                          studebaker@mac.com
                          Ron Dame
                          '63 Champ

Comment

Working...
                          X