Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRUCESTUDE
    replied
    Gord- The pivot pin and smaller gear assembly are very sloppy, so yeah, I'm swapping out the parts.
    Thanx for the advice...

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    Do you mean the pivot pin that the big sector gear rotates on, or a different one?

Unless the teeth of the big sector gear are worn out, there is no need to change it. Usually, the part that fails is the anti-reverse spring in the crank spindle assembly.

If you do have to replace the sector, I believe you will have to grind off the area where it is swaged with an "X" imprint. Be sure to cage or unload the big clockspring; they can bite fingers real good.

When I do these, I simply replace the ground-off pivot pin, press it in place, and then weld it to the base plate with the MIG.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Leave a comment:

• BRUCESTUDE
    started a topic Window regulator rebuild-help needed

Window regulator rebuild-help needed

I have my '64 HT's worn out RF window regulator sitting on the bench, next to it I have a nearly new regulator from a 64 sedan RR. I want replace the worn-out gear box, with the sedan unit, but I am not quite sure how to remove them from their respective assemblies. The rivets, I can grind off, but there is a "pin" that allows the gear assembly to pivot, how does this fasten? It looks like it's pressed onsome how?
    Any advice is appreciated! [?]
Working...
X