Window regulator rebuild-help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window regulator rebuild-help needed

I have my '64 HT's worn out RF window regulator sitting on the bench, next to it I have a nearly new regulator from a 64 sedan RR. I want replace the worn-out gear box, with the sedan unit, but I am not quite sure how to remove them from their respective assemblies. The rivets, I can grind off, but there is a "pin" that allows the gear assembly to pivot, how does this fasten? It looks like it's pressed onsome how?
    Any advice is appreciated! [?]

Do you mean the pivot pin that the big sector gear rotates on, or a different one?

Unless the teeth of the big sector gear are worn out, there is no need to change it. Usually, the part that fails is the anti-reverse spring in the crank spindle assembly.

If you do have to replace the sector, I believe you will have to grind off the area where it is swaged with an "X" imprint. Be sure to cage or unload the big clockspring; they can bite fingers real good.

When I do these, I simply replace the ground-off pivot pin, press it in place, and then weld it to the base plate with the MIG.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Gord- The pivot pin and smaller gear assembly are very sloppy, so yeah, I'm swapping out the parts.
      Thanx for the advice...

Comment

Working...
      X