torque box replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torque box replacement

I inherited an email seeking a shop in the Dallas area with the experience/capability to change a torque box on a '78 Avanti. I have not done this myself and do not know of anyone who has. Does anyone out there have a suggestion?
    Bob M in Texas

I know Dave T-Bow does it in Mass. for $3000 plus parts. (40 hours labor) The labor hours should give you a guide if you find a local guy.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

A little closer to home, you might call Jr. at Independent Body and Paint in Houston. His phone number is 713-462-6947. He did torque boxes on my 62GT. I know they are different on an Avanti, but these guys are the best. In their shop right now they have a Triumph TR-4, that is having a complete bottom 1/2. They have two Porsche Carrera's that were wrecked, and several restorods that they are rebuilding. Also, a 67 Rambler that is getting a new floor.????

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

I know Dave T-Bow does it in Mass. for $3000 plus parts. (40 hours labor) The labor hours should give you a guide if you find a local guy.
        I just checked my old Mitchell Crash Guide. While the parts was listed for $41.80 (1966), there was no labor time listed for that part. It was 4.0hrs for an outer rocker panel...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
        X