Avanti R2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch / Torque Converter: Avanti R2

I am looking to find out about the availability of clutch components for an R2 Avanti. Is it possible to just order the disk and pressure plate ahead or do I need to send the old one in for rebuild? SI catalog indicates they need them to rebuild. I have an old '64 Champ with a 4sp and a 259 and it might have the same 10.5 clutch but I don't know how to tell without tearing it down. Since I have to travel to do the Avanti I want to try to figure out what I need before I get there. Thanks for any info.
    Rob

There's absolutely nothing rare or special about that clutch and pressure plate. They were used by dozens of other cars. A search here will turn up many threads with interchanges available.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

Yeah, Jack... that's true, but I still took the easy way out. I just called Chuck at Studebaker Parts and had him send me one. From what I was reading, there were still some who were suggesting different makes and models. It was worth it to get the right part, the first time, and I got that from Chuck and Chris. They are great.
      sals54

Comment

Here's a thread from three years ago when I was looking for a clutch for my 289: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...Pressure-Plate

After three years I have been very happy with the AMS 01-505 clutch.

Comment

Thanks, When I searched I found a lot of different threads but not this one. This makes more sense. I probably just don't ask the right question.
          Rob

Comment

Working...
          X