Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Sedan rockers converted to Hawk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoeHall
    replied
    Lester Schimdt taught me that trick over 30 years ago and, yes, they work well. I would not be surprised if it were not also practiced by vendors of that era, when Hawk rockers were drying up, and repros were not yet available.

Leave a comment:

• RadioRoy
    replied
    Wouldn't a sedan rocker be shorter than a Hawk rocker?

Leave a comment:

• gcunard
    started a topic Body: Sedan rockers converted to Hawk?

Sedan rockers converted to Hawk?

As part of my barn clean out of NOS parts bought 40 years ago from Newman Altman, but never used, ran across a unique set of rockers They are marked with marker pen as 302910 & 911 early Hawk rockers. A knowledgeable SDC member commented that they appear to be sedan rockers that have the B pillar area welded in and the drain vents are not "Coupe".

The original PN sticker is there but has been eradicated.

These look factory done based on quality of work and primer. Does anybody know if Newman Altman would have done this? Or the Service department of Studebaker reusing excess sedan material to cover Hawk shortage? Again, the quality, especially for the vintage, suggests some effort was spent on engineering and tooling.

Anybody seen these before? Do they work well? Did Studebaker do other conversions like this? Any insight welcomed.
    Attached Files
Working...
X