Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Sliding rear roof gasket replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: Sliding rear roof gasket replacement

I know some years ago there was an article in the Turning Wheels about how to replace the rubber gasket on a sliding roof wagon. Can anybody point me in the right direction on this? Thanks

Which gasket?
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

You need to get a copy of Studebaker Service Letter F-1963-1, dated December 4, 1962. Subject: WATER LEAK CORRECTIONS - WAGONAIRE MODELS.
      Very detailed about inspection and correction of sliding roof water leaks - lots of pictures.
      My old dealer copy has part number 1361471 penciled in over 1351634 Weatherstrip, Sliding Roof.
      1361471 is the "new and improved" Weatherstrip, Front and Sides, and is currently available from Studebaker International.
      I have installed these and it is possible to have a leak free sliding roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Pckstude View Post
        I know some years ago there was an article in the Turning Wheels about how to replace the rubber gasket on a sliding roof wagon. Can anybody point me in the right direction on this? Thanks
        I can't help with the article (but if you find it I sure would like to get the issue it is in) but here is the Service Letter. This is exactly the kind of thing I hope to have posted on the Wagonaire Registry when I get the page up on the site.

OOPS! Couldn't post the pdf of the letter, file too large. I'll try emailing it to you.

Comment

I'm sure there are other Wagonaire owners who would like this letter so I'm going to try and post individual pages (my file has 6)Service Letter P1.pdfService Letter P2.pdfService Letter P3.pdfService Letter P4.pdfService Letter P5.pdfService Letter P6.pdf.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ndynis View Post
          I'm sure there are other Wagonaire owners who would like this letter so I'm going to try and post individual pages (my file has 6)Service Letter P1.pdfService Letter P2.pdfService Letter P3.pdfService Letter P4.pdfService Letter P5.pdfService Letter P6.pdf.
          Looks like that worked.

Comment

Working...
          X