Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JLB
    replied
    Scrub radius I understand. Again, Phil Harris would be able to answer your question.

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied
    Also known as scrub radius.

Leave a comment:

• JLB
    replied
    Originally posted by 64Avanti View Post
    Interesting. Did you calculate where the king pin axis intersects the tire patch?
    David.....I can't answer your question, but I'm sure Phil Harris at Fairborn Studebaker can. I confess that I do not understand the question..........."tire patch",........can you expand on tire patch.

Leave a comment:

• 64Avanti
    replied
    Interesting. Did you calculate where the king pin axis intersects the tire patch?

Leave a comment:

• JLB
    replied
    Jack, before I posted information and photos of these lowered Kingpins, I spoke with Phil. They are still available, as to the price, Phil can answer that question.
    John

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    Has anyone asked Phil Harris if the dropped spindles are still available and if so, how much?

jack vines

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied
    Len, I am using QA1 rebuild-able, low friction ball joints. At the present state they are 13", center to center of the joint for an instant center of 120". QA1 has replaceable ball and studs up to 1.5" longer for a total of 16" if needed.

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    These are the pictures sent to me from John (JLB) of his 2" dropped setup. Note the other mods and the brake setup. Nice work, John.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1716431Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1716430Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	1716432Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	1716433Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	1716434Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1716435Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	1716436Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	1716437Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1716438Click image for larger version

Name:	15.jpg
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	1716439

I'll let him field any questions.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Skybolt
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Alan View Post
    67-68 rear steer. Moog K772, 68-89 Chrysler upper. Moog K727 60-66 Chrysler lowers. The lowers are installed upside down, or should I say opposite of the way Chev. put them in.
    Whats the distance between balljoints? Did you find the 1995-2002 too tall, or some other reason not to use them?

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied
    67-68 rear steer. Moog K772, 68-89 Chrysler upper. Moog K727 60-66 Chrysler lowers. The lowers are installed upside down, or should I say opposite of the way Chev. put them in.

Leave a comment:

• Skybolt
    Guest replied
    What year Camaro? Ditto ball joints.

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied
    This is the way I am doing mine. Forged Camaro 2" drop spindles. Chrysler ball joints. Most all pieces are out of the Circle Track catalog.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Originally posted by JLB View Post
    Bob........found the photos. Please send me a P.M. and I'll E-mail the photos to you sir.
    Thanks
    John
    PM sent. Bob

Leave a comment:

• JLB
    replied
    Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
    John

If posting them is a problem, I'll do it if you can email them to me.

Bob
    Bob........found the photos. Please send me a P.M. and I'll E-mail the photos to you sir.
    Thanks
    John

Leave a comment:

• jpepper
    replied
    Putting the body back down on the frame in front will give you about 1 3/4" drop in front. You will need Studebaker style front fender openings so the tires do not contact fender lips. Lower yet you can use an AFCO coil with adjustable upper spring seats. That is what is in the Ron Hall Avanti. I was able to drop the spindle only 1/2". That is about as far as you can go. Ron's car is so low you cannot get a standard floor jack under it in front.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X