Passenger Car Spindle Size 1952-1964 and Bearing Differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering: Passenger Car Spindle Size 1952-1964 and Bearing Differences

Are the spindle size(s) typical throughout the production run? Spindle size vs. hubs?

IIRC, when using later finned drums on the '55 Prez sedan, the seals for 1955 and 1956 were not interchangeable. I don't remember if bearings, (inner and outer), were different as well.

There appears to be a zillion changes between the '55 and '56 model years and the only thing that I'm sure of, the wheels and 4 1/2" bolt pattern was the same.

My head hurts!

TIA

No head spinners here! It's a GOOD thing you don't own a Pontiac, Dodge or Mercury, this stuff is a piece of Cake compared to THAT!

Do you have a '55 and a '56, one being a Parts Car for the other? Otherwise why would it matter, just buy the correct Parts.

The Inner & Outer Wheel Bearings, Seals and Drums have a smaller O.D. than '55, on '56-'66, but all Models, & Years in those ranges are the same.

You can easily tell a '53 ALL to '60 Lark (and '61 Hawk) King Pin, it will have a 6 Digit Casting Number. The '61-'66 Lark & '62-'64 Hawk will have a 7 Digit Casting Number and all Models, & Years in those ranges are the same.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Well, that explains a lot and I'll pass the info on. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X