Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Horn Contact Plate Removal

Help please!

Can the horn contact plate and retainer/cancel cam on the on the back of a steering wheel (see pic) from a 1964 Lark type be removed and reused on another wheel that does not have the contact plate or retainer?

These show in the parts book as pieces separate from the steering wheel -- but they seem to be permanently attached to the steering wheel --

I don't see any way to get them off without damaging the wheel or parts -- but maybe there is a trick to this?

I can get a new wheel which does not have the contact plate and retainer/cancel cam so what I want to do is take them off of the old wheel and put them on a new wheel --

Thanks.

Bill Jackameit
    Attached Files
    Bill Jackameit
    1964 Challenger Wagonaire
    1964 Daytona Sedan
    Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
    Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
    https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

The canceling spring comes off pretty easily. I've used a medium screwdriver and slowly pried it up. be sure to mark wher the "arm" is on the wheel. otherwise, the turn signals will not cancel correctly.

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
    X